Sunday 15 January 2012

UDK Multiplayer Issue: Can't connect to server on own computer

This was an annoying issue that I couldn't solve last time, I was trying to run 2 instances of UDK on my own machine for easier multiplayer testing, and I couldn't connect. I was following this:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/875692-Lan-Multiplayer-in-One-PC-For-Getting-Started.

and getting this when I tried to join using "connect 127.0.0.1"

Log: Pending connect to '127.0.0.1/UDKFrontEndMap?Name=Player?Team=255' failed; Duplicate UID

I'm running with steam subsystem enabled (which is currently the default) and as a result I wondered if this had anything to do with it, after a google around I found that steam does indeed do an authentication check, which fails when I'm connecting to myself (hence the duplicate UID message).

To fix this find the UDKGame.ini and change the following values to false:

[Engine.AccessControl]
bAuthenticateClients=True
bAuthenticateServer=True
bAuthenticateListenHost=True

This should clear it right up ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment