Sunday 14 August 2011

Some Quick WIP stuff

Haven't worked a ton on the UDK with Ren comming up etc, so I thought I'd share what I did do.

First off I learned what kismet and matinee are and a little of how to use them, that combined with the vocal powers of Mike and Ren produced this:



Another thing to note is that is that I found the CustomTimeDilation actor property ^_^ so I made a gun that puts up forcefields which slow the projectiles to a crawl, then when you alt fire they all go back to normal.

Secondly I've been idly creating some weapons, I was going to have a kunai and a fireball, but the fireball ended up getting a little out of hand ^_^



This shows off some other stuff, like getting character animations working (albeit a bit crap) and a weapon that correctly uses the arms meshes in tandem with the weapon. This was something that I wanted to get working entirely before I did a tutorial to make sure that I knew the ins and outs.

Also thanks to the kunai's melee attack I'm using traces etc for collision.

So that's one thing checked off the list, and two halfs of things ^_^

Next up is to finish (and slightly balance) the weapons a bit more so we can have another multiplayer session, then do the arms tutorial, then start working on a little self contained project, nothing too big, something doable within a week methinks. When I start that I'll create that new enemy and tick that off my list too ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment